Field Surveyor – GTA
Surveyor / Field Designer – GTA
Type of Employment: Full time (term contract) with possibility for future hire-on.
Number of positions: 1
Closing date: August 15th, 2015
- Reports to the Manager – Survey and Design
- Conducts field surveys through a variety of mediums including but not limited to;
- Aerial Surveys
- GPS / Topographical Surveys
- Property Stakeouts
- Review of third party permits
- Responsibilities will include gathering field survey information on above and below grade infrastructure for a variety of Planview clients, utilizing Planview methodology and processes;
- Preparation and translation of said field work to supply finished product to the project coordinator / project manager / engineering department.
- The ongoing development of Planview aerial and topographical/GPS processes and methodologies to further develop operational efficiencies
- E.T or other accredited designation in engineering valid in Canada or equivalent past experience
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada
- Able to lift / carry 40lbs +
- Valid G license
- Working, reliable own car, travel daily is required as part of the position.
- Ability to work longer days, in remote areas with little to no direct supervision with benchmark deliverables met.
- Willingness to work overtime
- Must be physically fit, able to navigate easy to moderate terrains
- Able to work in a team atmosphere
- Presentable and polite as customer interaction is required
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Past telecom or outside plant design or construction experience an asset
- Past survey experience with GPS / Land surveys and CAD drawings considered an asset.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org only. No phone calls or drop ins will be accepted.