Closing Date: August 15, 2015
Submit Resumes To: email@example.com
Planview Utility Services is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Project Manager position for our services that are conducted in a variety of areas throughout Ontario on behalf of Telecom providers. Reporting to the Division Manager, the successful candidate(s) will be required to have a combination of the following below knowledge and experience.
Candidates selected for the screening process will be contacted by phone. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
Phone calls will not be accepted by applicants prior to being selected for the screening process. Only potential qualified candidates selected will be contacted.
- Minimum 3-5 years Project management experience in municipal and/ or aerial design for either telecom plant (OSP Engineering), utility services such as Gas, Hydro, Water main Construction, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring key dates and benchmarks are met by internal and external resources to maintain critical project schedules and project completion deadlines for customers. Proven track record in doing so.
- Responsible for maintaining overall project budgets, other costs and invoicing for multiple projects.
- Eng designation considered an asset
- Experience with municipal and hydro industry relations required
- Proven track record of succession in completion of coordination of projects and benchmarks
- Proven track record managing staff of 5-10, proven track record managing overall department budgets from $100,000 to $1,000,000
- Willing to work required hours, willing to travel
- Experience monitoring multiple projects, multiple customer relationships and multiple staff
- Knowledge of fiber optics (dark fiber construction) considered an asset (OSP Engineering)
- Experience or exposure to installation of infrastructure utilizing directional boring / open trenching / Auger / other methods for placement of conduit
- Fluent communication in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Book 7 and Road safety mandatory
- Graduate from an accredited university is preferred.
- Experience with construction on MTO , Rail and Conservation authority lands considered and asset
- Experience working within a telecommunication provider or civil engineering firm in regards to the above tasks considered an asset
Specific requirements of the position
- Manage the overall and day to day staffing, design and budgetary requirements of projects and groups of projects.
- Hire, mentor, coach and ensure proper training to staff within the program group.
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial forecasts, staffing forecasts and HR requirements to senior management
- Work with Engineers, Municipal / Regional parties / CAD / Survey and Project management staff on a variety of projects (often more than twenty at a time)
- Coordinate with many customers/ contacts and once
- Manage the overall health, succession and life of the customer account ensure compliance to deliverables, monthly, quarterly and fiscal financial benchmarks are met.
- Experience working with hydro and telecommunication companies is considered an asset
- Able to work under pressure, tight deadlines
- Must have own vehicle as travel throughout the GTA and Ontario is required, valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to read and interpret plans or blueprints
- Possess or able to obtain (and keep current) the following training;
- Criminal background check
- Clean driver’s abstract and proof of insurance
- CN / CP Training
- Road Side Safety Training
- Other training as required
- Mileage and warranted expenses are reimbursed (with receipts)
Remuneration commences with experience.