Position: Project Coordinator
Closing Date: Open
Submit Resumes To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting the Division Manager, responsibilities for design and project coordination activities for Planview Clients include and are not necessarily limited to:
- Interface directly with Planview customers and other third party resources to discuss, review and provide consultations for creation of permit plans and designs
- On-going business development for new customers and industries
- Attend site meetings with customers or third parties. Attend authority conducted utility coordination sessions and meetings as required
- Liaison with Municipal/Hydro/Other approving authorities for securing requirements and approvals to obtain entry for various Planview customers to construct plant or infrastructure within the jurisdiction of said authority
- Interface and coordinate with internal Planview resources such as outside Surveyors, CAD Designers, Project Managers and Professional Engineers to facilitate creation of permit and plans and designs
- Assign tasks, budgets and provide support to internal resources for completion of designs
- Review and quality control returned information or documentation from resources to adhere to Planview and third party design requirements and standards
- Responsible for ensuring key dates and benchmarks are met by internal and external resources to maintain critical project schedules and project completion deadlines for customers
- Responsible for maintaining overall project budgets, other costs and invoicing for multiple projects, through the oversight of the supervisor or manager
- Coordinate and oversee multiple or various projects at a time, whilst maintaining organization and customer satisfaction
- The ongoing development of Planview’s CAD processes, design standards and methodologies to further develop design and operational efficiencies
- Other activities as required
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with team, clients and management
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Proficient in working in AutoCAD environment
- Understanding of telecom / OSP Engineering considered an asset
- C.E.T or E.I.T designation considered an asset.
- Experience with utility companies (i.e. electric, gas, telecom, fibre optic)
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of various CAD programs
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted by applicants prior to the interview selection process.
Planview Utility Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Planview Utility Services Ltd will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.