Survey and Field Design – Level 1: Confined Space Inspector
Position: Full-Time position
Closing Date: July 22, 2017
Submit Resumes To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report to the Manager of Engineering and Structures.
- Coordinate work activities with Project Coordinators, CAD Designers, Project Administrator, and Project Engineers.
- Perform duties of confined space “entrant” or “attendant” as will be defined in the provided training and certification, in compliance with applicable confined space legislation. Some of the duties( not all and not in any particular order) are:
- Set up traffic control requirements
- Set up the tripod/winch/cable/harness rescue equipment
- Obtain confined space opening and closing numbers
- Complete Confined Space Entry form/ paperwork
- Pump water from the confined space
- Obtain gas detector readings
- Capture and record structural and cable information from manholes
- Ongoing development of Planview’s design standards and methodologies to further develop design and operational efficiencies.
- Interface directly with Planview clients and other third party resources to discuss, review and provide consultations for the project requirements.
- Attend site meetings with clients or third parties as required.
- Adhere to strict project budgets and client deliverable dates.
- Other activities as assigned by supervisor, such as CAD and GIS support for example.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Physically fit.
- Enjoy working outside, even in poor weather conditions.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines.
- Technician/ Technologist diploma from an accredited educational institution
- Basic CAD skills(minimum)
- Canadian engineering work experience
- Experience with outside plant design of utilities(i.e. electric, gas, telecom, fibre optic)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, candidates selected for the screening process will be contacted by phone. Phone calls will not be accepted by applicants prior to being selected for the screening process. Only potential qualified candidates selected will be contacted.
Planview Utility Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Planview Utility Services Ltd will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.