Surveyor / Field Designer
Type of Employment: Full time
Area: Central and Eastern Ontario
Number of positions: 1
Closing date: July 31st, 2017
Submit Resumes To: email@example.com
- Reports to the Manager – Utility Design – SWO
- Conducts field surveys through a variety of mediums including but not limited to;
- Aerial Surveys
- GPS / Topographical Surveys
- Property Stakeouts
- Review of third party permits
- Responsibilities will include gathering field survey information on above and below grade infrastructure for a variety of Planview clients, utilizing Planview methodology and processes;
- Preparation and translation of said field work to supply finished product to the project coordinator / project manager / engineering department.
- The ongoing development of Planview aerial and topographical/GPS processes and methodologies to further develop operational efficiencies
- E.T or other accredited designation in engineering valid in Canada or equivalent past experience
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada
- Able to lift / carry 40lbs +
- Valid G license
- Extensive travel in central and eastern Ontario, requiring overnight stays is required.
- Working, reliable own car, travel daily is required as part of the position.
- Ability to work longer days, in remote areas with little to no direct supervision with benchmark deliverables met.
- Willingness to work overtime
- Must be physically fit, able to navigate easy to moderate terrains
- Able to work in a team atmosphere
- Presentable and polite as customer interaction is required
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Past telecom or outside plant design or construction experience an asset
- Past survey experience with GPS / Land surveys and CAD drawings considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, candidates selected for the screening process will be contacted by phone. Phone calls will not be accepted by applicants prior to being selected for the screening process. Only potential qualified candidates selected will be contacted.
Planview Utility Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Planview Utility Services Ltd will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.