Surveyor / Field Designer
Job Description – Project Coordinator -Peterborough
Type of Employment: Contract (3 month)
Number of positions: 1
Closing date: July 28th, 2017
- Initial responsibilities include design and project coordination activities for a variety of projects, working in the Peterborough area as a three month contract with the possibility to extend full time.
- Such activities, responsibilities to include:
- Create, maintain and implement reoccurring working relationships from Cogeco in the above noted area
- Assist the team with coaching and development of resources to ensure quality and drawing and design standards meets both the customer requirements as well as the local authority requirements
- Attend site meetings with customers or third parties. Attend authority conducted utility coordination sessions and meetings, as required
- Liason with Municipal/Hydro/Other approving authorities for securing requirements and approvals to obtain entry for various customers to construct plant or infrastructure within the jurisdiction of said authority.
- Assign tasks, budgets and provide support to internal resources for completion of designs. Manage and track budgetary and financial information and provide reports as requested to the division manager
- Review and implement quality control processes or documentation from resources to adhere to Cogeco and third party design requirements and standards
- Responsible for ensuring key dates and benchmarks are met my internal and external resources to maintain critical project schedules and project completion deadlines for customers
- Responsible for maintaining overall project budgets, other costs and invoicing for multiple projects
- Other activities as required
College / University diploma in an engineering related field
- Previous Outside Plant experience with telecommunications or other utilities is required
- Valid G license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Working, reliable, own car is required as part of the position
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Past telecom or outside plant design or construction experience an asset
Apply to email@example.com only. No phone calls or drop ins will be accepted.